- Feldbaum, et.al, (2001), The Greening of Corrections: Creating a Sustainable System. National Institute of Corrections, Department of Justice. Washington D.C: National Institute of Corrections.
- James, D& Glaze, L,(2006) Mental Health Problems of Prison and Jail Inmates. Bureau of Justice Statistics. Retrieved From http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/mhppji.pdf. (downloaded at 2018/05/21)
-Jenkins, Rachel D,( 2016), Landscaping in Lockup: The Effects of Gardening Programs on Prison Inmates, Arcadia University, Graduate Theses.
- Home Office Custodial Estate, (2007), Offenders And Nature, Helping people, Helping Nature, retrieved from: https://www.forestresearch.gov.uk/documents/1424/Offenders_and_Nature_report.pdf. Downloaded at: 2018/05/12
- khatib, D & Krasney, M.E (2015) Greening Programs to Facilitate Prisoners Reentry, retrieved from:https://civeco.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/khatib_krasny_greening_reentry_15.pdf,(2018/05/21) : 1-19
- Lindemuth, A L, (2007)Designing Therapeutic Environments for Inmates and Prison Staff in the United States: Precedents and Contemporary Applications, Journal of Mediterranean Ecology, V8, : 87-97
- Martinson, Robert (1974), What Works? Questions and Answers about Prison Reform, The public interest, V 35: 22-54
- Moore, A & Freer, T& Samuel, N (2015). Correctional Agriculture as a Transformative Learning Experience: Inmates Perspectives from Marion Country Scheriffs Office Inmate Work Farm Program. The Journal of Correctional Education, 66(3), 16- 27.
- Moore, Ernest.O (1981), A Prison environment’s effect on health care service demands, Journal of Environmental Systems, V 11, : 17-34.
- Nadkarni, Nalini, M, et. Al, (2017), Impacts of nature imagery on people in severely nature- deprived environments, Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, V 15,7 ,: 395- 403
- Sandel, M.H (2004). Therapeutic Gardening in Long-Term Detention Settings. Journal for Juvenile Justice Services, 19, :123- 131.
- Sander, Linden V, D ,(2015) Green prison programs, Recidivism and Mental health, A Primer, Criminal Behaviour and Mental Health, V 25, : 338- 342