1. Baatz, Yvonne, et al., (2009), The Rotterdam Rules, A Practical Annotation, London.
2. Baughon, Simon, (2009), Shipping law, Cavendish, 4th edition.
3. Berlingieri, Francesco, (2009), A Comparative Analysis of The Hague-Visby Rules, The Hamburg Rules And The Rotterdam Rules, General Assembly Of The AMD, Marrakesh.
4. Bonassies, P., Scapel, C., (2016), Droit Maritime Paris, L.G.D.J., no 1040.
5. Honka, H., (2006), The Obligations and Liabilities of the Shipper under the UNCITRAL Project, Scandinavian Institute of Maritime Law Yearbook 2006 (SIMPLY).
6. Fujita, Tomotaka, (2011), The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International carriage of Goods Wholly or Partly by Sea, Meltem, Deniz Guner-Ozbek (ed.), Kog University, Springer.
7. Magklasi, Ionna, (2018), The Rotterdam Rules and International Trade Law, Routledge (Taylor and Francis Group), London and New York.
8. Stevens, Frank, (2001), Vervoer under Cognossement, Brussel, Larcier.
9. Tetley, William, (2009), A Critique of and the Canadian Response to the Rotterdam Rules in Rhidian, Thomas, A New Convention for the Carriage of Goods by Sea - The Rotterdam Rules: An Analysis of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Carriage of Goods Wholly or Partly by Sea, Lawtext,.
10. Wiedemann, Herbert, (1998), Handelsrecht, Berlin, Walter de Gruyter.
11. Wilson, John Furness, (2010), Carriage of Goods by Sea, 7th ed., Pearson, London.
12. Abuelenin, Ahmed, (2017), Development of Maritime carrier liability for goods transported by sea, International Jouranl of Law, 3(3), (35).
13. Starck, Boris, (1972), Droit civil, Obligation, Liabilities, Techniques, No.7, (11).
14. Sturley, Michael F., (2018), Bringing Carriage of Goods into the Twenty-First Century, NUS (National University of Singapore) Law Working Paper, (19).
15. Sweeney, Jaseph C., (1991), UNCITRAL and the Hamburg Rules: The Risk Allocation Problem In Maritime Transport of GOODS, J.M.L.C, VOL.22. No.3, (515).
16. Tetley, William, (2008), A Summary of General Criticisms of the UNCITRAL Convention (The Rotterdam Rules), (1).at: http:// www.mcgill.ca.
17. Yongjian, Zhang, On the International Transport Laws, Uniformity Which the Rotterdam Rules Aims for, CMI 2012 Beijing: The 40th Conference of Comite Maritime International, (72).
18. Adamsson, Joakim, (2011) ,The Rotterdam Rules: A transport convention for the future?, Master Thesis, Supervised by Abhinayan Basu Bal, University of Lund,(64).
19. Fujita, Tomotaka, (2011), Shipper’s Obligations and liabilities under the Rotterdam Rules, University of Tokyo, (8, 11, 12, 5, 7, 19).
20. Linda Innocent, M., (2015), The suitability of the Rotterdam Rules in Modern Multimodal transport: The Possibility of Harmony for Liability under Multimodal Carriage Contracts, submitted for degree of Master of Laws, University of KwaZulu-Natal ,(50).
21. Naidu, Mitisha, (2017), A Comparative Analysis of the Carrier’s Liability under the Hague-Visby and Rotterdam Rules, University of KWZULLU-Natal, (58).
22. Thana, Elson, (2010), Shipper s’ Obligation s and Liabilities under United Nations Convention on Contract for the International Carriage of Goods wholly or Partly by Sea (The Rotterdam Rules), Master Thesis, Lund University, (20).
Documents and Conventions
23. INCOTERMS 2000, FOB, The buyer’s obligation B3.
24. International Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules of Law relating to Bills of Lading, and Protocol of Signature (The Hague Rules of 1924).
25. International Rules for the International Carriage of Goods by Sea (The Hague–Visby Rules 1968).
26. Preliminary draft Instrument on the carriage of goods by sea, UN Doc A/CN.9,WG.III/WP.21, Annex, 2002, hereinafter Preliminary Draft Instrument.
27. The Athanasia Comninos and Georges Chr. Lemos,  1 Lloyd’s Rep. 277 Q.B.
28. UNCITRAL, Report of the Working Group on Transport Law on the work of its ninth session, UN Doc A/CN.9/510, 2002, New York, paragraph 146.
29. UNCITRAL, Report of Working Group III (Transport Law) on the work of its sixteenth session, UN Doc A/CN.9/591, Vienna, 28 November-9 December.
30. UNCITRAL, Report of Working Group III (Transport Law) on the work of its thirteenth session, (New York, 3 -14 May 2004) UN Doc. A/CN.9/552, paragraph 150.
31. United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Carriage of Goods Wholly or Partly by Sea 2008 (The Rotterdam Rules)
32. United Nations Convention on the Carriage of Goods by Sea (Hamburg Rules).